market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] a great resource for organic weed control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] a great resource for organic weed control
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:13:48 -0400

On Aug 27, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Shawnee Flowerfarmer wrote:

without rattling up a debate about organic certifiers please, I would add that the ethics of the grower have always been the best guarantee of sustainability and stewardship long before a certifier arrived in the organic fields, and that even a petrochemical based mulch is preferable to chemical treatment.
<x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>I agree with that entirely.

I was only suggesting that it can be useful to know why something's not certifiable, in order to make up one's own mind.

</x-tad-bigger>-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 5 mostly