market-farming - [Market-farming] appropriate writing for posts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Alderspring" <alderspring AT salmoninternet.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] appropriate writing for posts
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:18:21 -0700

David wrote: ...I do question though why some people write posts without punctuation and with no regards to rules of grammar. When I receive posts like this one I end up spending more time trying to understand the points the writer is trying to convey than the amount of time I want to invest in reading the post; so I just delete it.
It is a long post and I'm sure Sals put a lot of time and effort into composing it, but after reading the first 5 or 6 lines it went right into the trash. I am the only one who feels this way?
****
I don't post very often, but I read almost everything that goes through the list. I thank the people who take time to post, because I have learned a great deal from them. I always appreciate people's time, because I know we are all short of it.

I was surprised at David's comment, and found it a bit...I don't know..."snooty." Most farmers have neither the training, inclination, nor time to spend time carefully composing a post. I appreciated that Sal took the time describing his experience, and many of his comments were right on. I would hate for the group to lose the insights of people like him because they fear that the writing police might nail them. Lighten up! If you think the post difficult to read, just delete it without comment. This is a conversation not an academic convention.

And Sal, I thank you. You described well the frustrations of the small farmer with the USDA organic rules. Please keep contributing!

Caryl
www.alderspring.com