market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Leafhoppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steve Bridges" <steve AT texasgrown.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Leafhoppers
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:57:51 -0500

Hi Ken,
Down here in Texas we're hit hard by these critters every year. My wife and
I have a retail, organic plant nursery and a small market garden. We've
tried everything...pyrethrin, Bioganic, orange oils, Neem, oils, soaps,
garlic/pepper, every organic control under the sun. Nothing really comes
close to controlling them. The only thing that seemed to knock them back a
little this year was a double dose of Neem.

Any ideas anyone?

Steve Bridges
Kimas Tejas Nursery