market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Round-up resistant pigweed in Arkansas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Round-up resistant pigweed in Arkansas
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:41:14 -0400

I pulled quite a bit of this from a small 5' x 100' bed that wasn't properly mulched. I can't imagine a conventional farmer with several hundred acres dealing with pigweed as it becomes a superweed.
David
Suspected glyphosate-resistant pigweed on upswing
Jun 26, 2007 10:27 AM, By David Bennett
Farm Press Editorial Staff

The Hefty brothers ( Ag PHD at RFD TV) were saying recently that the problem is made worse when weeds that are slightly resistant to a glysophate recieve a light dose a few may excape. What results is a selection process that you dont intend when you use less than the max reccomended. More and more I hear them talking tank mixes on RR and LL crops.

MAsteveINE