market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmers Market Scale recomendations?price of pint s of jalapenos

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: farmersue AT hughes.net, market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmers Market Scale recomendations?price of pint s of jalapenos
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:44:52 GMT

Last year we charged a dollar a pint for jalapenos. But, this year
prices on everything are going up, so... who knows? Yesterday at
market we were selling sugar snap peas for $3.00 a pint and that
seemed high to me, but no one even questioned the price. We sold out.
Same with new potatoes. $3.00 for a quart box, and not heaping full.
Sold out. Every market is different. If people will pay .25 for a
jalapeno, then go for it.
We don't grow a lot of them. There just isn't the demand. We have a
few people who buy every week, and I love them and eat them with
nearly every meal. Not a big money maker for us!
Carla

  • Re: [Market-farming] Farmers Market Scale recomendations?price of pint s of jalapenos, cjmaness AT juno.com, 05/27/2007