market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Kerosene

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Kerosene
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:51:26 -0400

You will probably be okay, you did not mention what type of heater
it is but assuming it looks like a tube sitting horizontal on top of the oil tank here are some thoughts.

Ventilate well before entering after it has been running.

A small unit running constant is better than a large one running on a thermostat as starting and stopping are the "dirty" part of the process.

There is a danger of burning all the oxygen and causing heater failure, or enough of the oxygen to cause a dirty burn; take a 10' length of 3or 4 inch pipe and have one end outdoors and the other real close to the back end of the heater.

Use a good grade of kerosene, not diesel or furnace oil.

MAsteveINE

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Drury" <jbd3 AT hughes.net>