market-farming - [Market-farming] sources/ideas for salad mix equipment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bucciaglia <pbucciaglia AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] sources/ideas for salad mix equipment
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Any info out there on medium-scale salad mix equipment, new or used?  I'm looking for ideas and suppliers for mixers, washing tanks, and driers.  We currently hand cut, although I'd love to grow it well enough to mechanize the harvest as well.  I'm especially interested in hearing efficient ways to about cut, wash, and dry around 500 lbs. or more of greens per week.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Paul Bucciaglia
Fort Hill Farm