market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seed Potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seed Potatoes
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:15:34 -0600

We plant potatoes here about now. No one has any significant luck with
them in the Fall, so we effectively have only one potato season; they
are dug in May and June. Last season, I planted in February potatoes
that I had stored since the previous June. They weren't pretty, but
they grew. They had been stored during the heat of the Summer and Fall
in a refrigerated walkin; after that, the walkin was turned off.

Comments on successful storage of potatoes solicited.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 335 days 22 hours 06 minutes