market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] heirloom suggestions for market farming (ie. can survive a short truck trip)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT lobo.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] heirloom suggestions for market farming (ie. can survive a short truck trip)
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:03:21 -0700

Tomatoes need to be left on the vine until fully ripe. They may change
color when picked too soon but the sugars stop developing. After all, taste
is what sells, right? I'm in zone 5, central NM at 6,000 elev. My best
heirloom results were with midsize Costoluto Fiorentino and the French
market favorite Marmande, very productive, best taste ever. They ride fine
but of course you can't play baseball with them.

paul tradingpost AT lobo.net