market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Travellers vs. stationary guns

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Travellers vs. stationary guns
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:05:35 -0600

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 04:12:11PM -0600, Bill Bradshaw wrote:
> Paul, tell me about your digger, what kind , how it works, would it work
> for onions? Just wondering Bill

Bill, I have fractional ownership in a small potato digger. I think it
would be overkill for onions. Don't you just pull your onions up by
their stalks? For the potato digger to stand any chance of working on
potatoes, the crop has to be very clean and the potato top growth has to
be removed. I have given up on using it; I continue to plow them out
with a middle buster.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 275 days 13 hours 51 minutes