market-farming - [Market-farming] Walk-In Cooler Help

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Walk-In Cooler Help
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:33:31 -0700

I recently acquired an old, used 8x8x8 walk-in cooler for my veggie farm. The refrigeration unit is no longer in a functioning state. So, what I've got is a big, insulated box. A farmer friend of mine suggested I use a residential A/C unit to cool the thing. Has anyone out there tried this? If so, what has been your experience? Does it cool the temperature down enough? Is this economical?

Thanks for your input,

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, Arizona