market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] glaser wheel hoe hiller attachment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] glaser wheel hoe hiller attachment
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 12:28:45 -0500

I took a look at it.  Although I don't own a wheel hoe, what you're talking about is a buster plow for your wheel hoe.  The amount of dirt it would through to each side depends on how strong you are and how fast you can push it.  I'd guess it wouldn't make a very big bed simply because most people aren't strong enough to set the buster in the ground deep enough.  If you want to try it, I think you could get a used buster, they come in various widths, at a farm implement supply house for around $15.  You'd need to rig up a way to bolt it to your wheel hoe, maybe a small shank with a head to bolt it to.  If you can weld, rigging up something should be a snap.

Just my thoughts.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b