market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] recipe software

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joyce Paski <elderberrywine4u AT yahoo.com>
  • To: lists AT rhomestead.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] recipe software
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:31:24 -0800 (PST)

You might try purchasing an older version of either Microsoft Publisher or Access from a used software or computer vendor.  I have used Publisher 98 to create and store recipe cards and all kinds of items (I won 6 blue ribbons at the town fair this year and I largely credit Publisher in helping me win), and although I have not done it yet, my large-database-user sister assures me that I can use Access to not only store recipes, but also sort them on demand by ingredients or whatever key word/s you want, just as you are looking to do.  I used to work in a patent office where we used an Access-based docketing program for thousands of files, and I do know you really could quickly create reports using all kinds of queries.  Of course, the time consuming part is setting up the program to do what you want, but after you do that, using the program is a cinch and well worth the time spent.  I mean, you only have to set the program up once.  If you have a large amount of recipes and want to be versatile in your creative use of those recipes, I suggest using Access.

Joyce Paski
Swamp Creek Farm
Zone 3

Beth Spaugh <lists AT rhomestead.com> wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for free or inexpensive recipe software? I
want to give out recipes (print on 3 x 5 or other paper size), post them on
our website, etc. I want to be able to sort them by ingredient (which
veggies) or category (veggie or cook/no cook, grill, etc), note where I got
the original recipe from