market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pelleted Seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <txbeefarmer AT hotpop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pelleted Seeds
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:40:39 -0600

Don't think the sand is such a good idea unless you are using a grain drill or sling/broadcaster. The sand will chew up most planters. If I were to plant such small seeds, I'd put it in a slinger with some sand. Then, after it started to come up, I'd come through with a set of sweeps and make rows. Just another idea.

TxBeeFarmer
Mark (West Texas - Zone 7b)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Willie McKemie" <mf AT austinfarm.org>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>

far as the pelleted seed, we found that our earthway ground up the
pellets on the lettuce too much and we didn't get the desired result.

I, too, have had the Earthway chew up pellets. The Glaser works well
for small seed. PlanetJrs handle pelleted seed fairly well.

The dead seed sounds like a good idea. If you can find uniform sand of
the right size, that may do the same.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.0/GNU/Linux system uptime 10 days 19 hours 44 minutes