market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] humus-intensive, soil building contacts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] humus-intensive, soil building contacts
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:52:06 -0600

I would sure like to hear the discussion. Why not do it on the list?

Marty Kraft

On Nov 30, 2005, at 12:46 AM, Tradingpost wrote:

I'm requesting offlist contacts or exchanges from anyone doing *highly* humus-intensive, biologically intensive, organic soil building, or anyone working in that direction. It would be along the lines of Sir Albert Howard's work ("The Soil and Health") 65 years ago or more recently Chadwick's or Jeavon's work they called biointensive. I'm engaged in this and it doesn't matter to me what you call it, perhaps even permaculture or biodynamic or Perelandra or something else, so long as it involves building living, highly humus-intensive, highly productive and pest-free growing soil. I'm finding it unusually difficult to locate others on the Internet doing this who can discuss methods and results.

If you contact me please make the subject "humus-intensive, soil building contacts" so I'll see it among all my messages. Thanks.

paul, tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://medicinehill.net

The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry
/