market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT williams-net.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:35:58 -0400

One other item that was not mentioned in the article is that organic food is healthier. I am talking about the fact that since the soil is healthy and full of minerals so the food crop has all the minerals and vitamins it should have. I read somewhere that conventional crops have something like less than 30% of the nutritive value that it should have. This alone should be enough of an argument for organic. You would need to grow more than 3 times as much conventional produce to get the same food value.
Oldtimin