market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:39:47 -0600

Good questions IMHO, but just one comment: organic foods may or may not be
more nutritious. You can just withhold the bad chemicals, and grow on
terrible soil, and get certified organic, but that doesn't guarantee better
nutrition. Nutrition may be more a matter of older varieties not bred over
decades for appearance and mechanical handling, and it may depend on soil
health, minerals, and microbes. Vitality is a good word.

paul, tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://medicinehill.net

The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all
our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to
foster its renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry