market-farming - [Market-farming] frost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ploughshare" <gjbrever AT midwestinfo.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] frost
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:14:19 -0500

So, this year we got most of our winter squash out of the field before the
frost (delicate, red kuri, buttercup, sweetdumpling, acorn, kabocha) because
last year I remember that we had many water spots on them after the frost.
I'm glad I did because many of the pumpkins and some of the hubbards had the
same kind of frost damage this year even though it just got down to about
30degrees for a short time. Does anyone have the same problem? Does it
depend on the amount of foilage?
--Gary

  • [Market-farming] frost, Ploughshare, 09/30/2005