market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sellig a farm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sellig a farm
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:39:48 EDT

Tom, we had a piece of land that everyone and his dog was after for development.  Estimated cost for development was around 40 million.  The city has tried to annex but failed to do so, so I turned this piece over to our broker to see what would happen.  Well, it was bought at annex price but not by the city but by a local big farmer who plans on farming it.  He may sell later on I don't know but knowing them they will have to atleast double their price.  Don't always assume that developers will buy the land, doesn't always work that way around here, they only buy if they can buy at Ag price's or less.  This farm Corp is very large and it will take a huge pile of money to buy it from them.

Phil

  • Re: [Market-farming] sellig a farm, SaladG, 09/27/2005