market-farming - [Market-farming] Fundraiser/Administrator Position

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Daniel Dermitzel" <dafu AT socket.net>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fundraiser/Administrator Position
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:00:41 -0500

The new Kansas City Center for Urban Agriculture has a job opening for a Fundraiser/Administrator.  For more details visit our website at www.kccua.org or email us at info AT kccua.org.

Position Open:  Fundraiser/Administrator
Kansas City Center for Urban Agriculture
Kansas City, KS

The Kansas City Center for Urban Agriculture is a new organization established to promote community-based, entrepreneurial agriculture in Kansas City. We provide development and technical support to new and established urban farms; we advocate for urban agriculture-friendly development and zoning; we work for healthier urban communities by supporting the creation of productive green space.  We also run the Kansas City Community Farm, an organic vegetable farm.

We are hiring a Fundraiser/Administrator to work with the two Co-Directors, to start sometime this fall.  This person will be responsible primarily for fundraising, but will have administrative responsibilities as well.

Responsibilities
*       Grantwriting:  Researching potential government, corporate and foundation funders.  Developing operating and project grant proposals, including writing narratives, working with Directors on budgets, supporting materials, tracking grants process, final reports, etc.  Gathering data and resources on urban agriculture in support of fundraising efforts.
*       Individual Donor Fundraising:  Supporting Directors in individual major donor solicitations, coordinating direct mail campaigns, developing programs/ activities to support individual donations.
*       Fundraising Committee:  Staffing fundraising committee, providing support to develop and strengthen volunteer fundraising activities.
*       Administration:  managing Microsoft database, some volunteer supervision.  We are a small organization and are in the process of developing administrative and management systems and the Fundraiser/Administrator will participate in creating those systems.

Time and Salary:  The position is 4/5 time; $20,000-22,000.

Qualifications:  Must have excellent research, writing, and critical thinking skills.

To apply:  Send cover letter, resume, and 3 samples of original writing to

Search Committee
KCCUA
PO Box 6043
Kansas City, KS 66106

  • [Market-farming] Fundraiser/Administrator Position, Daniel Dermitzel, 09/26/2005