market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] WOW! talk about quiet!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Margaret Wilson" <booldawgs AT cavenet.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] WOW! talk about quiet!
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:17:00 -0700

Send it up here, please. We got very little snow in the mountains this
year so we have no snow pack to keep the streams and rivers flowing. The
only thing that has saved us from a major drought was a long, cold, rainy
spring. Of course, that meant everything that needed heat just sat there
and is now behind schedule. Now it is unseasonably hot and very dry. Bean
leaves are being devoured as fast as they grow.The creek is too low for
irrigating the pastures so I will be buying hay before long. I wonder how
long we small farmers can take climate change before we go broke.

Margaret