market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bean mowers :>)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marcy" <marcy AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bean mowers :>)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:54:17 -0600

I think the culprit on my beans is the rabbits. The eastern ends of the rows
are the ones most eaten and they've been eaten several times after I
initially saw sticks left earlier in the season. We have more rabbits on
that end of the garden - not sure why. Interesting thing though - they
didn't eat the yellow and purple beans as much as they did the green beans.
My first planting has been hit the worst. Last year the rabbits ate every
single cantelope bud/blossom off. Had nice vines, but as soon as they'd get
close to fruiting/blooming, they'd munch them.

Don't know about CD's for rabbits, but they sure work to keep owls and hawks
out of pullets!

Of course with your row covers rabbits don't quite make sense either.

Good luck Elaine!

Marcy
SE Colo, zone 5 feeling the heat