market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bean mowers :>)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elaine Granata" <ecgranat AT ouray.cudenver.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bean mowers :>)
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:04:54 -0600

Folks: Thanks to all for your thoughts.

I don't think it's cutworms, either, since I have the 2 inch stub of the
stem, but I'll dig around and see if I find any. I've thought about DE and
will try it in my subsequent planting. Since the second round was covered
with row covers, I don't think it's the rabbits -- the covers were not
disturbed, torn, etc.

I wish I could be there at night like a "fly on the wall-- or under the row
cover" to see what's happening -- the mysteries of farming!

Elaine