market-farming - [Market-farming] Acres per person

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT williams-net.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Acres per person
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:30:19 -0400

Does anyone have any suggestion as to the maximum number of acres per person one can maintain growing garden vegetables without tractors. I have a large rototiller and will also be using draft horses next year. We took a jump in size this year and am just wondering how far we can grow by just changing techniques.Also any suggestions on time saving techniques would be great. BTW, we are doing this organically.
Oldtimin