market-farming - [Market-farming] Strawberry Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Strawberry Question
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:32:25 -0500

Regards to the list:

After the second year, we renovate the strawberry beds after they’ve stopped bearing, first by mowing the whole thing, then tilling strips through the patch, leaving a 2 foot wide strip of plants.  This is when we fertilize with aged cow manure or Fertrell berry fertilizer.  Also, you might want to collect the new plants at the ends of the runners, if any, and start a new patch.

Marie in Missouri