market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Walk-in cooler

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Wendy & Randy Gray <hoemangray AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Walk-in cooler
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:28:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I second the GFM article, and might suggest checking with local
heating/cooling guys for used compressors and fans. Plus, ensure you have an
electrician who knows about these types of environments and wires it properly!

I'd like to know how it goes, because I'll need one in a few years!
Pictures, supply list, etc.! I was fortunate to pick up my regular 2-door
floral cooler when a local florist went out of business. But, at times of the
year it is simply not big enough! For flowers I have been thinking 12 x 12'
with a concrete pad and a drain, and as mentioned, good shelving (stainless
steel, probably since it cleans easily and doesn't build up grime!)

Wendy
OR - z6