market-farming - [Market-farming] Handling/Packaging Herbs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Cooncreekfarm" <cooncreekfarm AT discover-net.net>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Handling/Packaging Herbs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:17:05 -0600

Greetings All
We are considering selling fresh herbs at our local Farmer's Market and/or through a local buying club.  Anyone have any tips on handling/packaging herbs for sale at market? Specifically, I am thinking about the basic herbs - basil, parsley, oregano, marjorim etc.

Also, does anyone have a resource/idea on developing nice packaging for their products.  We sell our delightful homemade goat milk soap at market.  We use some very beautiful molds for making our soap and I'm hesitant to use any type of packaging that obstructs the view of the soap.  Thurfar, we've displayed them without packaging and wrapped them individually for the customer.

Your ideas are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Julie

Message sent using DiscoverNet Webmail 2.7.2