market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] other products at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <marketfarmers AT thymeforewe.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] other products at market
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:48:30 -0500

Our kitchen is licensed for home processing. We do baked goods, breads and jarred foods. I can't offer anything that has to be pressure canned because our kitchen is not set up for it. That requires a different license in my state. It's been well worth it.

The licensing process wasn't difficult or expensive. I have to have yearly septic and water tests and an inspection. We had to make a few minor changes to pass inspection.

Robin Follette
Thyme For Ewe Farm www.thymeforewe.com
Maine
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim & Mary Conner" <jmconner AT pwrtc.com>