market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato Weave Alternatives

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato Weave Alternatives
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:54:40 -0600

> Has anybody tried the Earthbound system?
This is how I've trellised every year - I usually put in 750 to 1,000
tomatoes and just couldn't pound in that many t-posts! This has worked well
for me but you can't run the twine until the plants are mostly at that level
and can be caught by the twine. Last year I had a volunteer do the
trellising and he ran all the twine and I never could get the plants tucked
into the twine - it was too tight and I just didn't have the time to go back
and redo. I even do my sun golds this way - usually just more rows of twine
will keep them contained.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas