market-farming - [Market-farming] farmer's market grants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] farmer's market grants
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:23:40 -0800 (PST)

> Our city is cool to the Farmers Market. What grants are there that would
> help warm the city to the FM.? Our market is Kansas. Thanks
>
> Tom.
>I wish you luck! Our city council is downright antagonistic to the
market and we thought if we could come up with matching grants to add to
the recent downtown renovation, we would be received more favorably. I
was able to find a great local grant organization...took the time to put
together a great proposal...the organization gave us the OK for up to
$15,000 for a permanant roof...then the city council not only voted it
down but suggested we move to "some vendor's parking lot who would want
us there"
It's a battle..............Sora at Paradise Valley Organics