market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Installing poly

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Installing poly
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:25:38 -0500

When pulling the poly I use 5 pull ropes on a 100 ft length I use those
inexpensive plastic clips used to secure shade cloth as a way to attach the
ropes to the poly. Be careful not to pull poly if dew or any moisture is on
the
bows and especially don't pull the second sheet if any dew is on the first
layer the poly will stick and become totally immobile. It helps to have
someone
on the other side pushing up the sheet while another person pulls the ropes
its
also helpful to have stakes or anything to tie the pull ropes temporally while
you pull the next one. The second sheet slides over the first in half the
time,
don't try to pull two sheets at once. BTW you want dead calm weather I prefer
to pull a hour before sundown...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.