market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Establishing your location

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: JOHN A HENDRICKSON <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Establishing your location
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:28:35 -0600

I'd like to second the call for locations in everyone's messages to the
list. I think Zone and State would be helpful. For example, zone 5
includes parts of northern New Mexico, the Kansas plains, southeastern
Wisconsin, the coast of Maine, and areas stretching along the southern
coast of Alaska. I've only farmed in one of those States but I know
there are huge differences in growing (and marketing) conditions in
these areas!

-John
On the border of zone 4 and 5 in Wisconsin

  • Re: [Market-farming] Establishing your location, JOHN A HENDRICKSON, 02/28/2005