market-farming - [Market-farming] Hello from the Garlic Lady in NC

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Natalie Foster" <sngarlic AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hello from the Garlic Lady in NC
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:12:14 -0500

Hello
I am new to the list but not to market farming. We started in 1996 with a
little elephant garlic patch and a few vegetables. We are still a small farm
but we now grow 15 varieties of garlic and a variety of vegetables. We sell
mostly at farmers markets but have sold to a few restaurants and have plans
to sell at a coop this year. We have sold a little mail order (Seed Garlic
and shallots ) but hope to expand that part of the business. Right now we
have an estimated 40,000 cloves in the ground on less than an acre.
I am a part of a list of farmers in NC but since there is very little garlic
grown in NC I can't find anyone to talk garlic with . It seems this list is
full of garlic growers and I am excited to learn and share. I am also
interested in High Tunnels and season extension and I seems I could learn
alot from those of you that already do it.
The Garlic Lady from NC

  • [Market-farming] Hello from the Garlic Lady in NC, Natalie Foster, 12/30/2004