market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] NYTimes.com Article: Supermarket Giants Crush Central American Farmers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] NYTimes.com Article: Supermarket Giants Crush Central American Farmers
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:52:57 -0500

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:37:41 -0500, you wrote:

>Here's another reason to buy locally.

I read this article this morning, and was going to send it
along. Thanks.

We (the USA) are coming out of the other side of this dark
tunnel, I think: farmers markets are increasing and growing
all over the place, from what I read. But small farmers in
less-developed countries are in for a really rough time.

Why everyone has to repeat our worst mistakes, I do not
know.

Pat
--
NOW OPEN! ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful