market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:01:47 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:47:21 -0600, Willie McKemie wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 11:15:17AM -0800, jay gee wrote:
> >
> > Because of the reporting systems in place at the CDC,
> > food terrorism on any kind of large scale is unlikely.
>
> As you point out, an attack on our food chain is not much of a risk as
> far as our health is concerned. It is a very significant risk to our
> economy. Just as the 9/11 attack was. By shutting down our air
> transport system for several days, we maximized the economic damage
> when we probably should have been attempting to minimizing it. And,
> we'll probably do the same sort of thing in response to a food chain
> attack.

IMO, the greatest damage done to the US so far by the
attacks of 9/11, is the expansion of a police state with no
real justification. Immense economic damage has been
done my making air travel a PITA.

To say that you can't travel with toenail clippers is nuts.

The explosive tennis shoes example was instructive.

People who are affected need to pay attention to their
surroundings and take care of themselves. They did.

The real cost of all of these "extra precautions" is that
they detract by making people think someone else is
doing their job for them.

In reality, the billions being spent on so called security
enhancements are not security enhancements at all.

HNY everyone!

Jay

  • Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home, jay gee, 12/26/2004