market-farming - [Market-farming] Our first regular restaurant order!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jackie Fisher" <splltrss AT scrtc.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Our first regular restaurant order!
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:43:42 -0600

We sold our first pasture raised, Certified Naturally Grown turkeys for
Thanksgiving, and wanted feedback from everyone on their turkeys. I was so
pleased and proud to hear everyone saying it was the best they had ever had,
I just can't stop grinning, and had to share with my Market Farming list
buddies. We are listed on SlowFoodUSA and LocalHarvest, and got orders from
both. We raised Heritage Bronze turkeys, and although I didn't think we had
big enough ones by slaughter, I was amazed to find most folks this year
didn't want large turkeys. They didn't seem to mind that the turkeys were
bigger than their request however: it will take some time for us new turkey
farmers to be able to gauge size. We even had a restaurant serve our
turkeys, and we gifted the chef with two Marans chickens to taste test.
Well, he was so delighted with them he has placed a regular order for them
monthly. Yay! You can indeed raise good food raised right and get your price
on it too. <dances little happy dance w/wheelchair>

Many Blessings to your flocks!

Jackie Fisher
A Different Drummer Farm
300 John T. Fields Rd.
Edmonton, Kentucky 42129
270-432-0970

"Be good to the land and it will be good to you"