market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seeders
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:03:57 -0600

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 12:05:28PM -0600, Bill Bradshaw wrote:

> > Looking at the new Johnny's catalog. For a long while, I have been
> > needing a seeder to plant small seeds in relatively short rows,
> > 10'-100'. I have heard negative reports on Earthways. How about some
> > recommendations? Earthway? Glaser? Pinpoint?
> >

> Willie have you looked at the vacuum planters? I want one real bad but
> haven't cut loose with the money yet. Look at marketfarm.com planters I like
> the mater-mac. TexasBill

Yeah, I've been admiring them. I think you should buy one and then
report back.

But, this project is to plant a small amount of small seed.
"10'-100'". I wouldn't want to hook a $2K planter up to a tractor to
do 10' of row.

BTW, my IH274 developed alarming noises in the rear gearing. Brand new
tractor at less than 400 hours. Sent it off to the shop. Turned out
to be just something loose that needed to be tightened. Had the belly
lift cylinder re-built at the same time. No parts available. Shop
sent it off to a hydraulics place that matched up rubber parts. Did no
good, still leaks down. I presume that it is something in the control
valve. I still haven't gotten my belly cultivators lined out.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die