market-farming - [Market-farming] Daffodils

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Daffodils
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:12:24 -0600

I just received my free order of Giant Daffodils from Breck's. They are
huge and in wonderful condition! I'm impressed!

I have never received bulbs so late. They were free after all! I am not
complaining. Is it still safe to plant these bulbs now? Temperature lows
are 25-33 and daytime highs are 40-45. We have had snow, and snow is
forecasted most of the week.

Is this a case of "As long as I can dig holes" or is it too late for good
results?

I plan to plant most of the bulbs in a protected area on the south
(southwest) side of my house. I figure I have about three to five days
before the ground is too hard. We won't have much sun very soon. After
that, the moonlight is brighter than the sunshine until March.

Christina