market-farming - [Market-farming] luffa

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] luffa
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:58:20 -0400

besides Bill O'Reilly's luffa fantasy that's got him into a law suit, I have a luffa question -

We have a CSA and our last week is coming up this week but out in the field we have a crop full of large luffas that haven't even started to turn brown yet. I'm pretty sure we planted the seedlings 120 days ago.

The question is, can we pick these green and give them to our shareholders and tell them to let them dry? Will they dry if picked green or will they rot? I sure would like to give them out in this week's share.