market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing Baby Squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing Baby Squash
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:57:52 -0400

Pollination is the key to the whole thing. Squash flowers open at dawn
and close by noontime. Bees need to enter each flower at least 20 times
for pollination, if its cloudy rainy or too hot over 85* or too cool
under 60* the bees sleep in that day and flowers are lost. It helps to
have a bee hive nearby...Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.