market-farming - [Market-farming] Two questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: rjweeks70 AT comcast.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Two questions
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 22:24:17 +0000

Does anyone have a reference for the stake and twine system of trellising
tomatoes? With the amount we're growing this year I think I want to try it,
but finding a good description with pictures seems to be difficult.

Secondly, how do you all grow your summer squash? Do you put them in hills?
That method has always seemed to me to be a huge waste of effort for little
or no gain.

This year I'm just putting the squash in rows, and not hills at all. Any
pros or cons that you know of?

Thanks
Roger Weeks