market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 14, Issue 48

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan McHugh <organicjoan AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 14, Issue 48
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:38:46 -0800 (PST)

The CA peaches sold out here in CA in the supermarkets are hard and won't ripen, but the ones at the farmer's market are wonderful.  So are the ones in my backyard!  Peaches gotta be picked ready to eat....but they sure don't travel when ripe.  Any fruit picked so it can travel long distances isn't good.  Out here we get a lot of stuff from Chile, where they can and do use pesticides banned here in the US.  I know your pain though, and I do what I can to buy CA from the farmers 'cause for me that's fresh.

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 14, Issue 48, Joan McHugh, 03/31/2004