market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farm software question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Beth Spaugh <eas9 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farm software question
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:56:37 -0500

You might start with Quicken. If you decide you need double entry accounting later, or other QuickBooks features, you can convert up to QuickBooks. I used Quicken Home and Business for a while, because of its invoicing, etc, for my husband's carpentry work. He tends to lump payments and cash back together, and that did not work well with Quicken. I went back to Quicken Basic, write his bills in Excel, and just try to keep track of what has and hasn't been paid that way. We are not talking high finance here. I have just got separate checking accounts for the farm, his carpentry, and household. Am thinking that (although it is supposed to be a no-no) just a single checking account has its merits.