market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ginger root

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ginger root
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:16:33 -0500

We grow it in pots and just use roots from the store.

Ploughshare wrote:

Last year one of the Asian families at our Minneapolis Farmer's Market had
ginger root for sale. They were small roots and he left the plants on.
Does anyone have any experience growing ginger in northern climates? Where
would one find the seed stock? Or could you just cut up root from the
grocery store and plant them?