market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Iowa funding opportunity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Iowa funding opportunity
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:09:44 -0500

Hello Rick. Correct me if I am wrong but I get the impression you are
plowing up pastureland and rotating it into vegetables for one season then
rotating the land back into pasture. What is so earth shakingly new about
that. I would burn the pasture vegetation back with Roundup before tilling,
you will be surprised with the unexpected weeds that come up from land thats
been in pasture a few years...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.