market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] question about zoning

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "askpv" <askpv AT ozemail.com.au>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] question about zoning
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:18:55 +1100

This is a typical example of the incredibly diverse choices people can make when population pressures turn ag land into urban.
It doesn't take any skill at all to simply subdivide and put people into little boxes that
they drive further to work and back to pay for the box (house) that is mostly empty all day
while they pay for it.
there are many other examples of wonderful transitions.
you write of the land not being great for agriculture, but it could
be developed really cleverly into an semi-urban agricultral hamlet, with water harvest systems, organic matter collection (soil improvement) turning poor farming land into rich food forests between the houses.
no i am not dreaming it has been done many times before in dryer and more
inhospitable places such as Davis, California and the homes
(not to mention the lifestyles) are far more sought out by buyers than
the conventional boxes across the road.

If i had the chance to develop something i would plan a brighter future for the planet as well as myself and there's no guilt in that.

April
Permaculture Visions International.

  •  Portal http://www.permaculturevisions.com
  • Students and graduates in over 20 countries
    (Africa, Argentina, Australia - every state, Brazil, Canada-BC,ON, France, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Jerusalem, Japan, NZ, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Phillippines, Republic of South Africa, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Tonga, UK,
    USA. -Alaska, CA, FL, KS, IA, IL, IN, TN, MT, NM, OR, PA, SD, TX,VT, WA,WI,)
  • Exclusive Student and Graduate Mailing list
  • Commercial and Private Permaculture System Design  ISO 14000
    http://www.permaculturevisions.com.

mailto:askpv AT ozemail.com.au

if for any reason you do not get through on our email it is because we have been lately
hit by repeated tidal waves of virus letters that simply cram our mailbox,
we are not enjoying life at a tropical retreat -
we are still enjoying life in Wollongong ! :>
you can always write in the stone-age fashion to 280 Cordeaux Rd., MT Kembla 2526 Australia