market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] egg cartons

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Wages <jwages AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] egg cartons
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:34:20 -0700

Depending, of course, on volume, one should be able to find less
expensive sources; for quantities around 1000 cartons/order, we have
found www.eggcartons.com to be around $0.13/carton. Trays are more
expensive than cartons. Eggboxes.com is another source we have recently
identified, although we have not placed any orders as yet.

It is my understanding from discussions with the eggcartons.com folks
that their cartons (and most of the paper cartons in use today) are in
fact made from recycled paper. If that's untrue, I hope someone will
let us know. We have been buying these cartons under the assumption
that they were 100% recycled content.

John Wages
Tupelo, MS