market-farming - [Market-farming] Lambsquarters in the Summer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Lambsquarters in the Summer
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 07:16:50 -0400

This is the sort of question that arises from a very strange spring that has led to a very thin summer here in the Mid-Atlantic.

I'm about to removed a large stand of wild lambsquarters. Not having a kitchen myself this season, I'm wondering if the growing tips of the older (4 ft tall) lambs quarters are marketable as 'summer spinach' or if the plant is really only good early and small.

Thanks

-Allan