market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hail and Subscriptions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elaine Granata" <ecgranat AT ouray.cudenver.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hail and Subscriptions
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:13:03 -0600

Jean: I have a shareholder agreement that I co-sign with my shareholders.
One of the items on it says that I will do everything I can to hold up my
end (22 weeks of veggies), but that they understand that quantities may vary
due to weather, animal predation, hail, etc.

I got hailed on last year and in a couple of weeks a lot of stuff had come
back -- chard, squash, tomatoes, basil, beans. They just got less until the
garden got back on its feet.

Good luck with your decision.

Elaine