market-farming - [Market-farming] Tips for Side Dressings Vegetable Crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Michael Lorion <michaellorion AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tips for Side Dressings Vegetable Crops
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello again,

Thanks to all of you that provided feedback to my
first e-mail to the list (see below). The weeds are
out of my corn and I am preparing to do a side
dressing. Some have suggested a 14-7-14 for the first
dressing for my corn. How about other veggies like
pumpkins, summer squash, and cukes? Would these get a
similar combination. Also, for a farm my size (about
2-3 acres) what would you suggest as the best low tech
method for applying the side dressings. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael Lorion
Park Hill Farm
Millbury, Massachusetts